Game of Thrones ended, and while those in the know cashed in on their bets, many others are upset about the end of the final season. It is best to move on and ignore the petitions already signed by over 350,000 and enjoy the best Italian food.
Within an hour or so you could enjoy Focaccia Bread that is easy to make topped with olives, basil, tomatoes and parmesan cheese. So leave the Lannister’s to battle their fights and start baking the best Italian bread.
Focaccia Bread Ingredients
- 20 grams of Sugar
- 250 Gram Flour
- 10 grams of Salt
- 135 ml Water
- 55-60 ml Olive oil
- 20 grams of yeast
For the topping:
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Olive
- Few basil leaves
- 15-20 Black olives
- 3-4 Onions, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- Few Thyme leaves
- To taste Black pepper
How to Make Focaccia Bread
- Dissolve the yeast by adding a pinch of sugar in some of the water
- Add flour, water, olive oil, sugar and the salt together plus the dissolved yeast into a mixer and mix until a smooth dough is achieved
- It works best if you start on slow and then set it to go faster
- Once the dough easily comes off the hook easily, you’ll know that your dough is ready to use, do not use it straight away it needs to rest for a while so leave it until it is double its size.
- This should take around 20 minutes, which give you time to have a nice cup of tea
- Keep the dough covered with cling wrap to ensure it remains dry and warm
Make the topping:
- Add the olive oil into a saucepan and slowly caramelize the onions
- Add some black pepper and some thyme leaves and let it cook for a while
- Smash the black and green olives in a bowl and keep for later use
- You can also slice the tomatoes and keep that on the side for later use
Baking and Assembling
- Add the dough to a pre-greased pie dish
- Also, add a little of the olive oil over the dough
- Do flatten it a little bit with your fingers
- You can also make a few craters with your fingers
- Add the olives, caramelized onions and tomato slices
- Then add more olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, some basil leaves, some pepper
- Place the dough in oven’s middle rack at 180 degrees
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes.
- Serve the Italian bread with Peperonata.
Focaccia bread is also great with feta, bacon, ham, mozzarella cheese or even avocado, but do remember only to add the avocado after it comes out of the oven. If you have none of the above in the house, it is excellent with just olive oil and some herbs if you serve it with a nice salad or as a side dish.