Finding the perfect recipe for a Grilled Cheese Sandwich is nearly impossible. Most providing these recipes will suggest the same ingredients, cooking process, and describe the same taste. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches can have more than bacon or a slice of tomato, with one innovator adding the unique ingredient of Kimchi.
Nobody would anticipate that Kimchi would suit a Grilled Cheese Sandwich. However, it’s proven delicious for thousands braze enough to change up this conventional recipe. Some add unique ingredients like Mashed Avocado or Diced Cucumber. We recommend keeping things only and allowing the associated spices with Kimchi to overwhelm taste buds in the best way possible. What’s even better is that this recipe takes less than fifteen minutes to make & is surprisingly filling with the added benefit of Kimchi.
Below are the ingredients our readers will need to cook the Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich. These ingredients are based on a single sandwich & should be repeated for each additional grilled cheese cooked.
- Two Slices of White Home Baked Bread.
- ¼ Cup of Cheddar Cheese – Grated.
- Two Tablespoons of Standard Mayonnaise.
- ½ Cup of Drained & Chopped Kimchi.
- One Avocado – Mashed (Optional).
- One Cucumber – Diced (Optional).
Below are the directions needed for our readers to cook the perfect Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich. This process isn’t challenging and will have already been mastered by anyone that’s made a conventional Grilled Cheese.
- Cooks want to heat their Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat for the 1st step.
- With both pieces of White Home Baked Bread, cover them with the ¼ Cup of Cheddar Cheese & ½ of Kimchi.
- This step is optional for readers, add a small amount of Mashed Avocado or Diced Cucumber before cooking.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly amongst both pieces of White Home Baked Bread.
- Place the Mayonnaise-Side of the uncooked Grilled Cheese Kimchi Sandwich onto the Cast Iron Skillet. Cook for three minutes on each side, while slightly flattening the bread.
- Remove the Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich from the Cast Iron Skillet & douse with garnishes like Bacon Crumble or Parsley.